Before deep-diving into the definitive discussion of Divinity Original Sin 2 Starting Classes, it needs to be mentioned that it is basically an RPG (Role Playing Game). So, compared to the other popular action-packed games, the strategy of playing this game is way more different in many aspects.
Well! You already know how to play this game very well. And you also know that there are 8 different classes in this game to choose from. But which particular one is best for you? That’s the million-dollar question of many gamers!
No worries! As a loyal and crazy fan of Divinity Original Sin 2, I’ll try my best to eliminate your confusion. But before that, putting some words regarding the customizable skill system of this game is necessary. Why is this necessary? Just keep reading, you’ll find the answer!
Top 5 Abilities of Divinity Original Sin 2
As far as my research knowledge goes regarding the contemporary version of this game, there exist mainly 10 unique ability schools that hold extreme power to bring down the enemy with devastating domination!
Some of these skills are good to go alone, and some of these work fine after being combined with other skills. Here we’re talking about the top 5 extremely popular abilities before going to the discussion of divinity original sin 2 best classes.
You can consider that as Divinity Original Sin 2 Class Guide as well.
Geomancer is basically the ground-based skill that will allow you to bring down your grounder enemies by creating earthquakes, spreading poisons on the enemies, creating sharp rocks from the ground for killing them, etc.
This ability school will allow you to create the following types of damages.
- Fossil Strike
- Poison Dart
- Reactive Armour
- Poison Wave
- Worm Tremor
- Siphon Poison
- Mend Metal
- Living Wall
- Summon Artillery Plant
- Acid Spores
- Pyroclastic Eruption
- Throw Dust
- Corrosive Touch
- Turn to Oil
- Venom Coating
- Oily Carapace
- Dust Blast
- Corrosive Spray
- Venomous Aura
- Mass Oily Carapace
Hydrosophist skills will allow you to control the power of water! If you think that you can take your enemy with the blades of ice, torrential rains, or flood with this skill, you are not wrong.
But in this ability school, you will be allowed to do that and perform magical armor fortification, create protective spells, etc.
This skill will allow you to experience the following power to take your enemy down.
- Hail Strike
- Winter Blast
- Ice Fan
- Global Cooling
- Ice Braker
- Deep Freeze
- Armour of Frost
- Healing Ritual
- Soothing Cold
- Cryogenic Stasis
- Arcane Stitch
- Steam Lane
- Hail Storm
- Healing Tears
- Vampiric Hunger
- Cleanse Wounds
- Mass Cryotherapy
- Vampiric Hunger Aura
- Mass Cleanse Wounds
If you want to be the god of wind, this skill school will allow you to do that! There are 24 different spells, where you can make different combinations to avail different abilities to bring down your enemies.
By making the proper combination between the spells, you will be allowed to enjoy the following skills.
- Shocking Touch
- Blinding Radiance
- Electric Discharge
- Dazing Bolt
- Pressure Spike
- Favorable Wind
- Nethar Swap
- Uncanny Evasion
- Chain Lightning
- Closed Circuit
- Erratic Wisp
- Vacuum Touch
- Smoke Cover
- Breathing Bubble
- Evasive Aura
- Vacuum Aura
- Blessed Smoke Cloud
- Mass Breathing Bubbles
Huntsman is not so popular for different reasons. It neither holds any eye blasting magic spells to through on your enemies nor any advanced weapons with eye-pleasing skin. But If you are a big fan of knocking out your enemies with melee weapons, then the Huntsman skill school was introduced for you.
As a general recommendation, what should I say, as a gamer, you have to learn to operate advanced weapons. On the other hand, if you know the usage of melee weapons, it will take you to another level on the battleground.
Huntsman allows the gamer to have the following abilities.
- Elemental Arrowheads
- Pin Down
- Reactive Shot
- Ballistic Shot
- MarksMan’s Fang
- Sky Shot
- First Aid
- Tactical Retreat
- Glitter Dust
- Arrow Spray
- Arrow Storm
If you want to play as a shape-shifter, Polymorph holds the ability to allow you to be that, but not entirely! With this ability, you can transform a few of your anatomy to change and gain the extra ability to bring down your enemies with devastating power.
This skill school basically allows you to get the following powers while playing.
- Bull Horns
- Tentacle Lash
- Chicken Claw
- Medusa Head
- Spider Legs
- Spead Your Wings
- Summon Oily Blob
- Flay Skin
- Chameleon Cloak
- Heart of Steel
- Terrain Transmutation
- Skin Craft
- Forced Exchange
- Flaming Skin
- Icy Skin
- Jellyfish Skin
- Poisonous Skin
Top 4 Divinity Original Sin 2 Starting Classes
I know there are 14 different starting classes in the game. But from all of these, I want to discuss 4 extremely popular divinity original sin 2 best class combo that you should try. But that doesn’t mean that the other classes are not up to the mark considering their performance.
In general, from the convenience perspective and the feedback from most of the games regarding this, these 5 skills classes are gems!
If you are a beginner or mid-level gamer, I personally believe these starting classes won’t disappoint you.
7Conjurer is one of the best divinity original sin 2 classes ranked in the list considering gamers’ feedback! It’s basically a magic-focused class that holds devastating power to bring down the enemies with the ruthlessly overpowered skilled.
The interesting fact is that even though many gamers like this class because they can take the enemies down with ease and comfort, some gamers consider it a drawback because defeating this class with others is nearly impossible.
But utilizing your intelligence and tactical skills, this character can be defeated. This class holds the following skills:
- Elemental Totem: Burns out the enemies with massive flame
- Conjure Incarnate: Immediately summons the creature whose ability is based on the spells that you used to create it
- DImensional Bolt: Create pools to bring devastating damages on your enemies
- Talent: Has the ability to communicate with animals
- Strength: Capable of summoning strangers to fight for his side
- Weakness: Hugely depends on summoning creatures for making huge damage
Another powerful class, but with melee skills! Even though it has no substantial expertise in bringing magical damage, it can destroy the enemies using melee skills. Considering that, you can consider it as Divinity 2 best class!
But the fact is, this class is more defensive compared to being offensive. The main advantage of this class is – this class is super easy to understand, but which eventually leaves some lackings as well.
This melee class has the following abilities to help you while knocking out your enemies.
- Battle Stomp: This ability allows you to take down the enemies with melee tactics
- Fortify: Heals your armor and provides an extra boost
- Bouncing Shield: To bring damage to a particular area, this ability is handy
- Talents: Holds the potentiality to knock out the enemies by taking a good opportunity
- Strengths: Capable of operating heavy weapons, skilled in close-combat fight
- Weakness: Super simplistic
Another melee damage dealer but with some added potentiality! It has the ability to bring devastating damage to the enemy base with robust domination. On the other hand, it can survive on the battleground with a more ferocious and dominating attitude compared to the “Fighter” class.
Knight can allow you to enjoy the following facilities.
- Crippling Blow: This skill allows you to make devastating physical damage and dismantle your enemies instantly
- Battering Ram: Handy weapon to knock out your enemies in short distance
- Battle Stomp: In the VS battle, this skill is handy to knock your enemy down
- Talents: Greatly skilled in finding the right opportunity to bring down the enemies at the right time.
- Strength: Defending capability is near to unbelievable
- Weakness: Reduced health level
Ranger is one of the best divinity original sin 2 starting classes in the game universe for its versatility in war tactics and some other related skills. Even though having versatility in its skills, to learn these is not that crazy hard compared to the other classes. Ranger holds the ability to target multiple enemies at a single time and at make damage to all of these with arrow storm!
A ranger player will enjoy the following skills while applying on the enemies:
- Elemental Arrowheads: This allows you to make elemental damage to a targeted surface
- Ricochet: It fires an arrow that brings damage to multiple targets
- Peace of Mind: Boost your strength, intelligence, and fitness
- Talents: Capable of recovering special arrows by 33%
- Strength: For taking short-range or long-range battles, this class is the name of reliance.
- Weakness: Haste spell is mandatory to play with this class
Ending Line: Which One Should You Take?
Well! To be very honest, the answer is tricky! But from the 4 divinity original sin 2 starting classes, you can choose your appropriate one by following the following words. Take a look to figure out when your should choose which particular class.
- Sword and Board: If you want to be the front-line soldier, “Fighter” will be the worthy choice.
- Ranged Damage: When it comes to the matter of damaging a particular area, you can choose “Ranger”
- Melee Battle: For taking short-range battles with melee weapons, “Fighter” is the right class that you can take.
- For Allrounding Battle: If you want to take the ultimate hero who is the name of terror to all the enemies, “7Conjurer” is the class you can take! And as I mentioned before, this is the divinity original sin 2 strongest class!
After all, depending on your combat skills, you should choose the appropriate class for you.