Do you know how to half swipe on Snapchat with the new update? Well, yes, there’s a trick that you can use to see the text messages without letting the sender know. A few years ago, even before Instagram Stories and TikTok, it was Snapchat that conquered teenagers.
Then over time, the platform seems to have been overshadowed by the innovations introduced by Zuckerberg and the rise of other social giants. But Snapchat was still in the game when it allowed the users to see messages without letting the sender know. It was called a half swipe on Snapchat.
But with the update of 2021, the feature seems to be unavailable, leaving the users frustrated. But, do not worry; we may have some tricks upon our sleeves. Check out our article to know how to half swipe on Snapchat with the new update.
Table of Contents
What Does the Half Swipe Snapchat Do?
Social media applications have made classic SMS communication old-fashioned. One of the reasons for this is that there are many new features – including gifs, emojis, etc. These features make message delivery an exciting experience for these social media users.
Snapchat, likewise, is among the most popular messaging medium out there. One of the reasons is that it tricks users into having features that other apps don’t provide.
Check Also: How to Get Snapchat on Your Apple Watch?
For example, the half-swipe feature allows users to view messages without the sending party knowing they have been read.
Can I Get a Notification If Someone Half Swipes My Message?
The main trick of a half swipe is that it doesn’t let the other person know. Unfortunately, there is no way to enable notifications on Snapchat for half swipe. And that is why everyone is in love with this feature.
Half swipe is a sneaky way to see messages. However, some sites may claim that they can let you know if someone half swiped your messages.
Alert!! This is entirely false and fake. There is no such way to know that. So, enjoy the feature without any worrying.
Also Read Now: How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Is It an Official Feature: What Happened to Half Swipe?
Can anyone see if you are half swiping on Snapchat? Well, the answer is no.
As useful as it sounds, this feature was never an official feature, but Snapchat left it untouched for a while. However, this is no longer the case. In a new Snapchat update, this functionality has been removed. At the same time, there is also a change in the general outlook of the app.
Although the solution was a great option to avoid sending an unwanted Snapchat notification, it is not effective anymore.
Now, if you swipe a message halfway, your bitmoji will appear in the chat, letting the opposite person know that you have seen it. This makes the half swipe ineffective, and customers are generally unhappy with the change.
Check This Now: How to Hide Bestfriends on Snapchat?
And this has invited many users to talk about it on other social media sites, especially Twitter.
How to Half Swipe on Snapchat with the New Update?
Messages are for reading – there is no doubt. But in some cases, you wish the other person doesn’t know that you read, especially if you are trying to avoid confrontation! Snapchat has that option for you, but it seems like not anymore.
So, what do to? How to enable half swipe avoiding Snapchat’s new update?
Using Airplane mode
- Tap the yellow Snapchat icon on your mobile to open the app. The icon is usually on your home screen. If not, then go to the search bar and search for the app. The app opens with the camera.
- Open your chat by swiping on the screen with your finger to the right. You will find the messages from most recent to past. Find out which message you want to read without the sender knowing.
- Do not touch or open the message. Otherwise, it will be seen, and the sender will notice that you have seen the message.
- Slide down your notification screen where you have the shortcut menu.
- Select ‘Airplane mode. Slide up or touch anywhere on the screen to close it.
- Now open the chat you want to see. Close it after reading.
- Now without closing the ‘airplane mode,’ go to the settings. Open ‘Apps.’
- Select the ‘Snapchat’ app. You will have the information page of the app.
- Select ‘clear cache.’ Then tap ‘clear data.’
- Turn the ‘Airplane mode’ off.
- Log in to your snap chat account again, and you will find it unopened, as the other person.
With this same process and iOS, users can do the trick as well.
Read This Now: How to See How Many Friends You Have on Snapchat?
Using pre-updated version
There is another way to get the half swipe on android devices – using a pre updated version of the app. The update came in June, so any version of the app before June will have the half swipe feature.
- Go to any site that has a Snapchat app.
- Search for the required version of the app in the search bar.
- Download the APK and install it on your phone. Remember, before installing the new app, remove the old one with all of its information.
- After installing the app, log in to your account. Also, remember to stop the auto-update from the Google play store or Apple App Store to get any of the future updates.
And that’s about it!
You May Also Like:
- How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat?
- How to Get Verified on Snapchat?
- How to Reverse a Video on Snapchat?
The half swipe feature of Snapchat is unofficial but way more popular than many official ones. Although the official update ‘fixed’ this error, we know how to half swipe on Snapchat with the new update. The two easy processes will enable you to use this feature even after the update. Do you know any other trick? Let us know yours.